Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City



Another highlight of the trip- something you have seen on T.V. many times- now we get to stand and see it in person. We walked through Tienanmen Square on our way to the Forbidden City. The famous view of the opening of the Forbidden City with the large portrait hanging over the opening really is just the first of three gates to enter the city. It is a very large area.





Police and military was all over the Square and in the city. We got cornered off in the garden area of the Forbidden City because there was some leaders from some country visiting and military police came from everywhere, pushing us back in to one area. I was walking through a long narrow shop when they came in. I didn't understand what was going on and the guy grabbed my arm and started pushing me back- a bit scary until I realized that everyone was being moved backwards.
































No comments:

Post a Comment